Monday 20 September 2010

20/09/10 - Waitrose 2nd Interview

I arrived for this interview feeling quite confident.  Being successful in the group interview meant that I felt prepared and confident that I would make a good impression in my second.  The food service manager was who was interviewing me and although I know that some candidates weren't interviewed in the conventional way, I however was.  I was shown into a small room where I was asked questions.  I felt comfortable in the situation and was at ease with my interviewer.  The interview felt more like a conversation between the two of us.  She still asked the usual interview questions, such as 'why do you want to work for Waitrose?' and 'what skills can you bring?' but as I was passionate about getting the job and about the values Waitrose hold, such as only selling free range eggs and supporting British farmers, I was able to answer them without any problems.  I had the opportunity to ask questions, and I did have a few that I had written down before the interview.  I left the interview feeling very pleased with how it all went and felt that I had portrayed myself in a professionals and polite manner.  I really hope that I get the job, I do have a very good feeling about it.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! very helpful! Thank you very much! I too have my 2nd interview this tuesday! Do u remember what questions he asked you? And one more thing! Am sure he'll ask me if I have any questions at the end of the interview! what can i ask him? like..when can i join??

    ReplyDelete