Thursday 14 October 2010

13/10/2010 - St. John Ambulance, Second Meeting

I was very eager to get to my second meeting at St. John Ambulance.  My previous experience was very positive and left me hungry to learn more.  I was pleased to find my second meeting was just as packed and just as interesting.  Tonight we were learning about the unconscious casualty, both breathing and non breathing.  In groups we were led into situations and had to demonstrate to our best ability the correct way to approach the situation and how to deal with it.  This activity really meant I was thrown in the deep end.  The more senior members were being assessed for their skills, thankfully I wasn't being assessed as I am only new to their unit but it gave me the opportunity to refresh and draw upon previous skills learnt through my appointed persons qualification training and apply it to the situation I found myself in...TO BE CONTINUED...

No comments:

Post a Comment