Wednesday 13 October 2010

12/10/2010 - Volunteering Interview

Yesterday I went for an Interview at Poole Hospital for Volunteering.  I was interviewed by Joy Janati.  She was a very welcoming lady and she was very easy to talk to.  I arrived not knowing what to expect but was relieved when I discovered it was just going to be an informal discussion.  We talked about what volunteering involves, both the pros and the con's, and went through paper work together.  Joy asked me about my future ambitions, to be a midwife, and asked me questions on what I thought my best qualities were.  I was told that it might be difficult to get a placement on their maternity unit right away and may have to work on other wards until I am needed.  Although observation experience in the maternity unit would be invaluable for me I did make it clear that I am able and willing to help out anywhere that I am needed, because at the end of the day, I am here to help out and I am happy to work where ever I am needed most rather than put somewhere I am not needed for the sake of my wants.

The paperwork for the CRB check will take around 4-6 weeks, therefore I will not be volunteering until then.  We discussed times and availability and she is going to hopefully fit me in on a Thursday morning and afternoon which I will do for at least six months.  I have come away from the interview more eager to start volunteering, I can not wait to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment